Monday, February 25, 2008

Sheer Luxury for the Work at Home Mom...

Whoo, hoo! I am so naughty...

I've just been spring cleaning my dashboard, whereby I deleted the Shameless Pokeman Tips blog which had been opened up in November 2007 and not looked at since. BB is the authors pseudonym and I have no doubt that he will be furious with me if he ever finds out, but c'est la vie, eh...?

Onto more serious matters now. As a result of finally having brought joy to the life of my friend Eda I was able to pay a little dosh into my loan account at the local Credit Union. Considering that I have been paying only the interest for quite some time now this simple act gave me much pleasure and was taken in good part as a good will gesture. I can breathe for a little longer now that the bailiff's are kept at bay...

In celebration DG decided to take me out to dinner on Saturday night. It was; after all, about to be our five years anniversary so we decided to take matters into our own hands and go out for a change. We visited our local bistro and had a late night feast of meat and sumptuous sauces followed by coffee and a very long glass of wine at the Bridge House Hotel afterwards.

We were very lucky, considering the hour, to find a seat at all. We did slightly better than that by securing two high seats at the bar on the right side of the residents bar shutter, hmph! That little fact had little bearing on the situation as I rolled DG down the steps at 04.20am...

To make matters even better; as if, a carriage and handsome chauffeur appeared at just the right moment; just for us. Okay, I am exaggerating just a little, but the taxi man was there and he was waiting for us - he said so! And no; actually, he wasn't handsome either but he was very friendly and was able to negotiate our somewhat muddy drive better than the average regular visitor. I am, as you can see impressed.

The poor man was probably hoping to catch his last fare and head off early for bed, instead he got us. We live about ten miles from town in a very rural area where the roads are slightly less than your average country lane and on the rare occasion that we do get a taxi home I generally have to instruct them not to risk the drive as it is very awkward to get out of.

The previous taxi man; about a month ago, was able to tell us all about our elderly neighbours and the new people who have been there for about eight years now. He didn't need directions and yet he would insist on driving on the wrong side of the road and almost shot past the end our lane. To be fair, we did pay for what we got; the average white knuckle ride is about three minutes long and costs about a fiver. What we got we didn't necessarily deserve but we paid three times (and more) the price of a white knuckle ride, it took about twenty-five minutes and boy, it was pretty scary!

To make matters worse I then had to recover myself sufficiently to be able to direct the man out of the drive, which has not only a forty-five degree angle half way down, but it is disguised on both sides by shrubbery. Even my mum has difficulty traversing the hundred or so yards concerned. In the end I had to direct him onto the lawn and under the apple tree before I could send him on his merry way!

As I said though, this Saturday night was so different. We had a lovely evening and were entertained for several hours by a nice young man and his guitar, who was sitting right beside us but was quiet enough for us to continue chatting too.

Wouldn't it be nice if all evenings out could be so nice. What made it even nicer was the fact that I woke up late and discovered Chocolate the kitten, who is getting very grown up now, sitting on my pillow preening himself and luxuriating in the sheer relaxation of the occasion. What bliss then to be able to turn over and go back to sleep for another little while...

Hmmmm......! LOL


Polly Px

No comments: