Friday, March 21, 2008

Polly Refuses Cold Turkey...

Today is Good Friday; which traditionally is a day, associated with fasting and sobriety, in commemoration of the death of Jesus Christ by crucifixion. I have posted a little about our traditions and their modern interpretations on Vinca's-In-Tha-Kitchen.

While I understand that the over riding atmosphere should be one of solemn contemplation today, and I do pay my own homage to time honoured traditions, by observing the fasting of meat and rich foods. I don't believe that this means we should all be miserable for the day. After all Jesus died to save mankind; and life does, thankfully, go on...

In honour of life I have two things to celebrate today; both of which are very subjective to me personally and I am just thrilled!

The first piece of news to celebrate is the fact that I have got an order for my lovely handmade greeting cards because of putting my business plan into place. Having dropped off one of my cards, all wrapped and ready to go, the owner of Delicious Caffé placed an order for twenty four mixed cards for personal correspondence.

This may not sound like a big deal, but it is a start and proof that my idea of catching people’s eye by sending them a hand made card for Easter works! It’s probably very much thanks to Erica that I’ve finally got on with it; I just needed a bit of guidance…

Speaking of guidance my second reason to celebrate today is thanks to Lynette Chandler of Tech Based Marketing. In joining in her Easter Egg Hunt; which I mentioned briefly yesterday I am the lucky winner of a year’s subscription to the Five Dollar Theme Club.

Yes I wondered what it is too! Ordinarily there is a fee to join this club; for one years subscription the cost is $5.00 which entitles members to various customised themes that are not available on the free subscription site. I can’t wait for my membership to be processed so that I can play.

I wonder if part of my ‘fasting’ for Good Friday should include abstinence from my primary addiction; ie the internet and my computer? If so; TOUGH! I’m not having cold turkey as well as fish for dinner…

Happy Fasting!


Polly Peircex

No comments: