Saturday, April 5, 2008

Polly's Slumber

I’ve been so busy this week that I haven’t made much time to read my favourite blogs. Despite being awake early; it being Saturday led to my dozing until a miraculously late 11.10am!

Between the Child Protection Course, Cubs and First Aid Course I was cranky and over-tired. I’d forgotten to take my medication several times this week and hadn’t been sleeping properly AGAIN as a result.

Thursday was a particularly busy day. Not only did I have an hour’s appointment in the morning, I also had one in the afternoon. Both of these just so happened to be in town, resulting a further hour of time lost in the commute.

I also had to finish off the order for Ms Williams. Time flies, as they say, when you’re having fun. Despite all the odds I was quite pleased with myself as I headed into town for the second time that day.

The cards were made, all I had to do was stamp them with my details, pop them into a cello bag each and adhere one of my distinctive return address stickers to each bag. Mmm! everything was going just fine; until I realised I had picked up a packet of C6 bags instead of the square one’s. Disaster had struck!

Luckily; JM Stationary from the Bridge Centre has recently opened up its own craft shop. What’s more it’s situated next to the butcher’s shop; so I was able to kill two birds with one stone and pick up something for dinner too! I finished the job in the car and delivered the goods to Delicious Caffé.

With my day’s work done, I decided that I had just right to celebrate and opened a very nice bottle of Shiraz to accompany our braised steak dinner that evening.

Unfortunately, because I had also taken a double dose of my night time meds; the interaction with a small amount of alcohol led to my falling asleep on the sofa.

Sadly this didn’t last long; I was woken abruptly as I felt the glass fall from my hand.

The result; damage limitation! I was able to save my mobile phone from destruction; but my trusty BT walk-around cordless phone short circuited. The red wine filled the visual LED and I knew that it was doomed…

…my slumber this morning was interrupted by anxious ringing on the other side of the room. I had to get out of bed in order to answer it! I mean, really! Still, it's given me the opportunity to catch up with my reading over tea (not sure what kind) and toast.

That's all for now!

Polly Peirce


No comments: