Saturday, June 7, 2008

Polly Expresso's

Yesterday was Friday; which of course means LB spends four hours working out with LSG in the Gymnasium up at the Irish Army Leisure Complex at the Curragh Camp. Medals don't come easy and this is the price he pays for them; meanwhile I spend my Friday nights just killing time...

It took me a while to realise that my investment in a Massimo cappuccino and something tasty to go with it was money well spent. I'm a little ashamed to realise that it took me a while to realise that by parking on the street I'd have three euros and fifty cents to squander on renting my seat at the Costa coffee shop for three hours or so.

Last night I took my normal order plus an extra shot of espresso; so I was a-buzzing! I read a couple of newspaper articles, then a few pages of Permaculture Magazine and I was still at a loss to pass the time. Believe it or not I'd also been carrying around my fortune cards; so I did a short reading there and then, much to the amusement of the ladies at the next table...

Oh wow! Talk about bang on. Of the seven cards representing the next twenty-four hours or so; I had pretty much everything which ties in with my life at the moment. For example I started off with the Lily which lay next to the Book signifying that my writing will become my career and that a Lady of Bear-like importance(hopefully not size!) would lead this to happen. With regard to relationships, ie the Ring; my career as a writer would lead to an end to Owl-like worries resulting in a very happy Sun-ny ending.




So, how does all of this affect Me? Well; frankly for the past two years or so I have been in a situation where I look normal and feel relatively normal, so long as I don't over exert myself and take loads of medicines every day. It's important for me to get enough sleep and enough rest to support this. From a very active life as a working mother and a Clinical Manager & Theatre Nurse this has all come as a 'bit of a shock'...

So I have had to develop a life-style which couldn't be more different from my previous incarnation. This involves blogging, running a website and online shop, making greeting cards by hand and learning more about photography and computers generally. There are some great advantages to what I am now doing; for example the boys are able to enjoy pursuing their dreams of scouting and gymnastics and I get to see them and enjoy their company nearly every day. I am getting to see them grow up; which I was missing out on before!

So, I suppose this latest reading should be viewed as particularly encouraging; I am obviously travelling in the right direction! I'd better get on with things and head off to the shed studio and start making some of my gorgeous hand stamped greeting cards; God knows I've enough stash out there to sink a battle ship! Maybe if I'm lucky I will find a crock of energy at the bottom of a rainbow...


Bye for now,









Polly Peirce
Purveyor of Fine Handmade Irish Greeting Cards & Wedding Stationary

ps Today's Monday! So, I was late posting this...

No comments: