Saturday, March 7, 2009

Polly's Coryza Update...

So much for the recent improvements in the waist-line department! Following three, yes three large mugs of my son's special medicinal hot-chocolate I do feel remarkably better! Okay, so the cold hasn't completely gone, but the eyes have stopped watering and the sneezing is down to roughly one per hour...

Sadly though, the use of full fat milk in large quantities, a Chinese take-away and lots and lots of Nutella is bound to have an effect on my waistline. Earlier last month I decided to join Tesco on-line diet club, which proved to be a mistake as immediately afterwards I became quite ill and never did anything about it!

At least with a real club you do tend to follow 'the plan' as you have the competitive factor of comparing pound for pound each week! This said, I still managed to shed a whole seven pounds during the time involved, which makes me wonder then if it's really necessary to spend a fortune on loosing weight or if it's just a matter of adopting a healthier mind-set?

Regardless of which answer it is, I am now fully anticipating having sabotaged my good work and gained another couple of pounds plus the original half a stone! Still, it's a small price to pay for feeling okay...

No comments: