Sunday, September 13, 2009

PaperPlay Challenges - Week 34: No Patterned Paper!

This weeks challenge is to make a card using no patterned paper:

(sorry about the blur...)

I know that the white printed purple background appears to be patterned paper. That's because it is, but the trick is that I made it myself using various stamps from my crazy collection of clear polymer stamps, some puce coloured card from the Papermill Shop and Fresh Snow Pigment Ink from PTI.

The card itself was made for a friend of mine whose wife is very much into her fashion and jewellery. I masked off the heart in this lovely Penny Black stamp and replaced the heart with a perfume bottle, it somehow seemed appropriate!

Add to this the lovely shade of pale pink/mauve coloured dress using Pro-Markers and a Sakura gel pen or two, a pretty white organza ribbon and a black metallic charm in the shape of a heart; what more could a girl ask for? Nothing, except perhaps a great quote from the iconic Mae West: "Too much of a good thing is Wonderful!"

Maybe I'm wrong, but somehow I think this fit the bill on more than one count! What d'ya think?

Polly

3 comments:

Sandie said...

Ha!! I love it!!! That sentiment is brilliant :D Great card Pauline!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week. Good luck :D

Julie M said...

Great card, Polly. I love the chandelier stamps, and your idea of changing the heart to a perfume bottle is very clever (and beautifully done too).

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Polly Pierce said...

Thanks ladies! It was a nice card to make, shame my friend forgot to pick it up from his receptionist and give it to his wife on her birthday!