Sunday, September 27, 2009

Polly Shows Off Her Favourite Waltzing Mouse

A friend of mine; Claire Brennan of Waltzing Mouse Makes, recently released her own line of stamps which have taken off like a bomb since her first set back in May. Anyway, Tuesday is a special day for Claire. Not only is she having a huge bumper release this month; ie six stamp sets (wow!) but she is also re-releasing her range of stamps.

This coincides with the opening of her new on-line store; which promises to be interesting not least because of the new range of stamps that she's been torturing her fans with over the past few days. Her release dates are always exciting due to the fact that she's been giving us sneak peaks; which are wonderful. Personally, I'm beginning to feel something like a peeping tom as I seem to be stalking the poor lassie...

Here in the world of Crafting with Polly, ie Vinca Cards I always think that it's nice to be nice. I love to give local businesses and friends of the flesh & blood and the cyber variety a little bit of a write up from time to time. I'll be honest though, there are times when my motivation to do this can be a little clouded by the fact that occasionally these friends are offering some really nice prizes for doing so. That said, this is mainly in terms of my crafting pals and their blog candy!

Well, today is simply one of those days. I can't miss the opportunity to give Claire a fanfare; which I would do anyway as I love her style and find her stamps invaluable, but also to wish her the very best of luck. Now for the ulterior motive which is to show my favourite stamp which has to be printed out in green - those were the conditions, honestly! It doesn't have to be one of Claire's, it can be any stamp which is your fave but it does have to be green, very green...

I don't know whether this card really fits into that category but I can't get it out of my head because this truly is my favourite stamp of all time. It is my all time favourite card which features a combination of the ornate heart from the Celtic Heritage stamp set from Waltzing Mouse Stamps, the most amazing designer backing paper from Die Cuts With A View's Luxury Stack (8"x8") a golden organza ribbon and my favourite paper of all time which is a luxurious metallic bronze type of colour with more than a hint of green in the right light.



Add all this together with Luxury Pearlised Cream card and some fabulous Gold Velum from The PaperMill Shop at Junction #1, Antrim and you've got something pretty special. So much so that I seriously can't get that card out of my mind! The name of the bride and the groom were hand-written in a matching bronze/green Sakura Gel pen along with a traditional wedding message written in Italian. As you can see Vanessa & Norman got married on the 9th September 2009 at Lake Garda in Italy and I have to say that this is the most romantic wedding card that I've ever made. I just hope that this sentiment continues into their lives for years to come and that they will be very happy...

I know that there's not a whole lot of green included in this card, but that which is there really does make this one stand out from the crowd. Regardless, I enjoyed the making and the giving of this card and that's what counts.

Meanwhile, if I'm lucky Claire might include me in the MONSTER COMPETITION for all six (yes, all six!) sets due for release on Tuesday. If anybody reading this fancies entering this competition why not whip up a card and post a link on Claire's blog - you've got until Midnight tonight!

Ciao!

Polly Pierce
Exclusive Hand-Made Cards From Ireland

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stunning card polly - and many thanks for the fanfare - I'm more than a wee bit pink just now!! lol, thank you also for playing along and good luck!!