Sunday, September 5, 2010

Polly's Annoyance Turned To Amazon...

I'm so cross that it hurts. Sometimes people can be so thoughtless, oblivious to the fact that their actions/in-actions have an effect on the rest of the world.

This week has been an interesting week all around. Generally speaking it's been a good week, but there's always something which comes along to add a damper to things. My fifteen hours of work have been good, the four and a half hours driving experience which accompanies this hasn't been too bad either! They repaired the access lane at the end of my road on Monday. This made me late for work, but it's made all journeys to and from my house more enjoyable and safer, so it was worth it!

On Wednesday I overheard somebody bad-mouthing me. It was annoying to say the least, but there was a certain element of pleasure involved in the fact that I walked in on the culprit and caught them red-handed, or should I say red-faced. I obviously wasn't expected to walk into the room and the bad-mouthed gossip was more than a little jumpy in her dealings with me. Sometimes fate has a strange way of delivering justice, hasn't it?

At the time I relished the fact that she'd dropped herself well and truly in it. I wanted to argue and to defend myself, but saw that the safest option would be to smile sweetly and say nothing bar thank you for attending to my request immediately and effectively. What I did do was carry the tale of my embarrassment to my superior, laugh about it and go home half an hour earlier, so you could say that I've actually worked 14 1/2 hour this week!

Since then I've been thinking about the incident and have become increasingly angry about it. I've decided that I am going to consult my solicitor and ascertain whether or not what I overheard constitutes slander. Despite promising myself that I wouldn't allow this to upset me, it would seem that I have done exactly what I said I wouldn't do! Afterall, it's bad enough living on a diet of pharmaceuticals and suffering the lifestyle changes inflicted upon my body, without having to listen to people making offensive an untrue statements about me.

My hope is that once I have this recorded her on this post, the chest pain and anxiety will settle down. Somehow I doubt that it will happen, just like that! For one thing I can smell my son's shower gel and shampoo from my bedroom which is just across the hall from the bathroom where he is listening and singing along to likes of Korn, Trivium and Slip Knot. It's not the music or even his singing that's annoying me, rather the appalling sound reproduction afforded by his cell phone...

Even my own favourite tracks would be grating on my nerves at this stage. The weird thing is that if you plug even the cheapest set of headphones or speakers into the same phone, it's unrecognisable. The change in the quality of the sound is incredible... it's time to go down to the sitting room and play some decent music - loudly I think - to drown out the din!

BTW I've been reduced to singing along to John Denver's 'Country Roads' & 'Grandma's Feather Bed'  or the sound track to the movie ' Saturday Night Fever' during the four and a half hours driving in an effort to stay happy and arrive at work fresh and ready for anything... sad isn't it?

Anyhow, thanks to being annoyed enough to tell the world about my grievances, I've been inspired to update my Amazon Shoppe to include a few of my family's favourite CD's. The reality of this is that the majority of what's been uploaded is actually lined up on the top shelf in my son's bedroom gathering dust and mould in the grooves as we've slowly replaced many of the original vinyl albums with the up to date versions...

No comments: