Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MIA!

Goodness! I am simply stunned to discover that it's heading for two months since I last posted here on Polly's Peri-wrinkles & Piercings! Like two months? Wow!

I know that my Mum's mentioned the lack of words on more than one occasion, but let's face it folks, it's all too easy to dimiss what your Mom says, isn't it? Well, no it isn't, not really, but never mind! So what's been happening here at Polly-Towers?

Well, I've been hiking, camping on Halloween in the woods and it was just fab. I've also been to a number of craft meetings or crops, bought tons of stash while firmly closing my eyes to the damage on my bank account, re-aquainted myself with a few more skills at work (yay! I got to do anaesthetics!), I've been scrapping - that's short for scrapbooking, not fighting!

I've have however had numerous arguments with different people over many different things. Sometimes people can be so hurtful. It's unfortunate that those same people are unable to accept constructive criticism, prefering retaliation instead...

I've tidied up the hot-press/airing cupboard, which is in my bedroom. We've had a huge rodent problem over the past few winters and it's been stripped out, holes filled, traps set, ultrasonic devices installed, etc! Every few months we've hoovered out and watched for signs of a return and thankfully we seem to have won the battle - at last! It's great though because I've been able to get rid of some of the clutter - at last!

As a result of these exciting developements I've been able to move my craft space into a corner of the master bedroom. I think this was a good move as the temperature outside at the moment is below zero, and anyway, I broke my computer so there's plenty of room for crafting now!

Gosh, how exciting! Apparently I blew the motherboard when trying to install some more memory and a DVD burner. Don't ask me how I did it, but I did and I am simply furious with myself. The really annoying thing is that BB's gaming computer decided to die shortly afterwards leaving me with the use of a borrowed laptop. This isn't exactly ideal as is supposed to be used mainly for administrative use. So, what to do? I went off to Expert and treated myself to a notebook in the hopes that it would prove to be the cure for my problem...

I suppose the notebook is like anything else really, it just takes a little bit of getting used to. Initially I was quite excited about the idea of being able to take this teeny sized computer with me wherever I go. At first I hadn't realised that it didn't have wireless internet on it, or that it wouldn't support a usb flash stick. Grrrh! How annoying...

On the upside of things it is light, you can tap into a local intranet and transfer data that way, or you can use a data transport lead, plus if you've got an ethernet lead handy you can plug it into a port if there's one handy. One problem I've got with it is the fact that I find touch typing difficult on it due to the fact that by necessity some of the keys are tucked away in bizarre places and the keys are tiny! Actually they are teeny...

Presently I'm laid up, literally. For the past few days I've been on self imposed bedrest due to an acute exacerbation of asthma. The weird thing about this is that it happened as a result of my efforts at tidying up my new craft space, just the same as it did the first time which was two years ago. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I could do with a housekeeper!

It's been an interesting few days. I thank God and the Offaly Branch of the Dyslexia Association of Ireland for providing me with light entertainment over this time. As Ireland appears to be in the throws of a mini-ice age at the moment I've been supremely grateful to be able to check out the local weather conditions at 7.30am each morning. The boys have been off school and DG has been off work for the bulk of last week too. It's been like Christmas, only a month early...

Speaking of Christmas I've made some gorgeous cards for a friend of mine using Waltzing Mouse Stamps "Big Blooms - Poinsettia" set and I'm delighted with how well they've turned out!

No comments: