Friday, August 31, 2012

Polly Goes All Neon...

One day last week I got home from work and discovered not one, but two bubble wrap envelopes from Letraset on the hall windowsill. Great excitement ensued as I demanded of BLT if he knew anything about them. Of course he admitted that he'd been shopping on my account while I was out one day and that these were the spoils of his efforts! Utter twaddle...

He was quite insulted when I called him a little blighter, promptly dismissing the idea as soon as it had emerged! Being quite the big kid I had to rip the packages open excitedly and discovered a pack of six bright neon markers (x2). Very mysterious, especially as I haven't purchased anything from the website for some time now.

Anyway, it turns out that as I'd registered to be an affiliate a long, long time ago; the company had very kindly sent me a present (or two!) Presumably the idea was for me to review the new product here on the blog, or maybe have a giveaway then display a couple of links and hey presto, more sales? I'm not very good at that sort of thing and the mind boggles.

As I had insulted BLT (aka son #1) I decided that he could make good use of one of the packets of Neon markers, given that he's a budding artist with aspirations of producing manga and comic illustrations. What better use could they be put to? "Great I can use them as highlighters, I s'pose!" came the reply! Next thing I noticed that he'd drawn on his Little Brother's hand and demanded the packet back, I mean REALLY!



What struck me then was just how bright the ink was on the back of LB's hand. It really glowed brightly, presumably due to the depth of pigment included in the ink. I have to say that I am impressed by the product, not the fact that an eighteen year old decided to scribble on his younger brother! By the way, the colour used was Neon or Luminous Yellow and it certainly knocks the socks off your standard yellow highlighter if it was visible on LB's hand from across the room - so maybe son #1 had a point after all...

Obviously my curiousity then got the better of me, so I tested each of the markers in turn. The colours really are striking, my favourite one being the Volt Blue which oddly enough isn't anywhere as luminous as the other colours. With this one possible exception these markers really do live up to thier name, as in they are truly NEON.

While I have yet to give them a proper run for their money, as in £13.78 for the pack of six, or just £2.48 each I can't help but think that these markers are the business. One psychological draw back for me is the fact that they are water-based, however this is merely due to the fact that I am just a little addicted to the alcohol-based range of Pro-markers or Tria-markers. I'm pretty sure that these will come in handy for accenting cards intended for kids though...

Meanwhile, Letraset have two delighted peeps in this household and hopefully a few more as a result of my sharing this with my readers!

No comments: