Monday, June 15, 2009

Polly is busy, busy, busy...

Just so that nobody thinks that I've stopped making cards altogether I had a card making blitz yesterday in preparation for Father's Day. Here are some of the cards that I threw together, I'm sure you'll agree that each is quite different from the other...

this is my favourite using Bombshell Stamps 'Homeward Bound' set.




Sometimes when I scan a card into the computer it doesn't look that great as these cards demonstrate. The gentleman on the right has been in my collection for such a long time I can't remember where or when I got him. To date he has been on two outings, but has turned up trumps each time...

The lovely PaperTrey Ink image from their Father Knows Best set is a prime example of the cards not looking their best. The card itself looks a million dollars, with the simplicity of the design, stamp, etc. Unfortunately, the raising of the image to create a 3 dimensional effect has cast an unfortunate shadow, which takes away from the colour of the swirly leaves on the tree!





Maybe this monochromatic gentleman would fit into this weeks PaperPlay challenge; after all, how often do you get bows and bling on a card for a man?














Yes, me thinks it's time I made myself a tent for photographing my cards in good light all the time. These cards are definitely not being shown off to their best advantage!









Finally I made this card with this weeks PaperPlay Challenges blog in mind. It's remit was to make anything you like, but make it a bit different and so I made a masculine Father's Day card using pink and purples as underlying themes! Strange, huh?




I can't help thinking of this stamp as "King Richard"

And that's not all, as later this week I've got to produce a couple of Grand-dad and Great Grand-dad cards for some very special people, just to let them know that someone out there cares for them a great deal...

2 comments:

Sandie said...

You have been busy!! Great variety of cards.

Thanks for joining us on Paperplay this week :)

Mandy said...

fantastic card! love this, great twist!

mandy :)