Monday, February 15, 2010

I've been tagged back into blogging...! Eek

Having given over a whole post to the lovely Lorna Sixsmith of Garrendenny Interiors I now find myself being the proud recipient of a tag! When this first happened a couple of years ago was eek, what the heck...? Nowadays, I don't panic. All I have to do now is put my thinking cap on...

So the idea is that I have to come up with thirteen astounding little known facts that you, the reader doesn't know about me or reveal some things that make me happy so it's going to be interesting to see what I come up with!

  1. Like Lorna, I too love sticky toffee pudding - especially when it's enshrouded with lashings of Lily   O'Brien's finest milk chocolate.
  2. Actually I just love Lily O'Brien's chocolates and will happily eat it by the kilo - perhaps that's why I'm a tad over weight...
  3. I pay my dues every week at Uni-slim. I'm actually a Gold Member of Weight Watcher's but was too embarrassed to return to the meetings four and a half stone heavier than when I left...
  4. I spotted the very first sparrow in fourteen years sitting on my bird feeder this morning, which left me feeling truly happy. My Mum who lives three and half miles away seems to have tonnes of them, this is the first one at my house...
  5. About five years ago I realised that if I drink coffee, I will soon be able to smell coffee scented urine. Apparently this is a feature of fibromyalgia - having that urine smell...
  6. Having such a developed sense of smell lead to me once being unofficially on the panel of tasters for Irish Mist.  I was thirteen and always got it right...
  7. I drink my beer at room temperature, whenever this is possible. I prefer proper Irish Guinness and proper English Real Ales...
  8. Red wine is my favourite tipple, especially a nice CorbiĆ©res or a Crianza.I buy beautiful Schott  Zwiesel wine glasses from The Wine Buff regularly, because I break them all too regularly and can't live without them!
  9. I am fully Garda Vetted and have done the Child Protection Course twice.
  10. I am ambidextrous, due to the fact that I had a horror of breaking my arm as a child and being unable to complete my exams. As a result I taught myself to write with my left hand - I'm not so good with my feet though!
  11. I have un-diagnosed Dyscalculia. I don't see numbers the same way most people do and have always struggled with simple arithmetical problems containing more than three digits. I transpose the digits and come up with some very interesting answers - even when using a calculator. Remember! A computer is only as good as the person using it...
  12. I simply love the science of Mathematics and found my struggle with arithmetic incredibly confusing and frustrating as a child. I can still do my trigonometry and even teach it when necessary - but don't ask me to do your Math homework for you!
  13. The trees which surround our house make a sound like the waves breaking on the shore. When I hear that sound I can be anywhere I'd like to be...
I'm sure that you will all go away satisfied that you now know some of my quirks! Rest assured there are plenty more of them. Meanwhile I'm supposed to tag a few more people. This is where I get to panic as from experience I know quite a few who don't like being tagged and won't join in the fun.

Really this whole thing is much the same as a meme or a blog-hop, both of which have become incredibly popular here in the blogosphere. It's a great opportunity to visit places that you mightn't usually go or to get to know a little bit more about the people you think you know so well, either way it's a bit of fun and it has the added advantage of persuading readers to head your way. So please do join in the fun and tell us more about yourself - little known facts or things that make you happy please:

  1. Sandie- The Crafty Side of Me & PaperPlay Challenges
  2. Ann - Love Making Things  
  3. Claire - Waltzingmouse Makes & Waltzingmouse Stamps 
  4. Jean - The English Armchair Abroad & Up The Garden Path
  5. George - Culinary Travels 
So, I'm half way through my list of pals here on the blogosphere but now I've to go and grab a bite to eat before my busy evening begins. Usually this consists of a couple of hours here, followed by a couple of hours there and frantic rushing in between times! God give me strength is all I'll say!!!

Polly Pierce

No comments: