Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Polly...

Mother's Day 2011, what a waste of a day! Well, except for the fact that I was given a lovely box of chocolates, breakfast/brunch in bed and numerous cups of tea, that is... (I'm ashamed to say that I was suffering from a bout of the blues the following day and demolished all, bar the few that I kindly gave to my youngest!)

Actually yesterday was quite a nice day. It was bright and warm enough to be able to open the windows and let in some fresh air for a change and that in itself makes for a nice day. Sadly by the time I actually did get up this had all changed and the rain had saturated the line of washing, but hey! That's nothing new in this neck of the woods now, is it?

I spent most of the day reading. Last winter I'd spent some considerable time tracking down what was the Eason's Book Club book of maybe August or September. Suffice to say that it took me an age to find it, being a new book and of popular acclaim it kept selling out. But, I got there in the end!

The Passage by Justin Cronin has taken up many hours of my time to date. It's one of those books that you just can't put down; well most of the time it is! I actually did put it down for several weeks, months even when I'd got about a third of the way through it. That could be because it's a veritable tome, ie 766 pages of small type-set that pull you into another world whether you like it or not! Anyway, I've finished it. Thanks goodness for that and what a shame, as I'm now like a man without arms and don't know quite what to do with myself...

So, due to the various reasons I'm several weeks late in publishing this and can offer no words of apology other than I've no idea why I didn't finish this post earlier and post it! Sorry...

No comments: