Friday, March 3, 2017

Polly's A Rat Catcher...

So far this year my super duper ostrich feather duster has also seen action a number of times. I bought mine from Fly Lady & I love it! Since then she's stopped selling the one I've got presumably because she found something better. The ones in the photo are from the Anthropology range & cost a fortune, but don't they look fabulous leaning up against that wall?

The cellar spiders are back; hell bent on replacing webs lost in double quick time. Weirdly they weave them horizontally upon the ceilings which does my head in (actually it's my neck that suffers most.) I virtually have to brush the bloody things down off the ceilings with a long handled broom or if I'm lucky enough I might get to catch a loose one with the vaccuum cleaner hose. Can somebody tell me where've all the old fashioned, dark brown hairy spiders gone? I just kinda like them better than their replacements...


We've had to resort to feeding the four legged livestock in the attic regularly, which is something I hate doing given the fact that I've got pet cats, a sheepdog & a neighbour's visiting Jack Russell Terrier. Three out of four are excellent mousers, but no match for the attic dwelling variety. Anyway, two or three meals laid equals no more hobnailed boots in the attic thank goodness.

Make no mistake this is the common field rat we're talking about here, not the cute cuddly one shown in the photo below. And in case you're wondering why I hate the damed things so much the bastards ate my green Litchfield tent! They ACTUALLY ATE IT. I'm as mad as hell about it, so I don't want to hear any complaints about poisoning the wildlife please given that vermin cause enormous harm in terms of health & safety, ie Wiels disease & the fact that they like to chew on electric wiring leading to house fires as a result!



Anyway, now I'm afraid to store any more tents in the attic and I refuse to buy airtight plastic boxes to store them in! We've got bits of tents tucked away in the sitting room and three in the front room (now seven!) Up until very recently there were two 5 gallon water butts, a yellow gas cylinder and a gas oven taking up a huge amount of space in the front room. All of which should've been in the scout group stores which is full to overflowing...

I should point out that this was written back in early December but I forgot to post it & have since edited it!

No comments: