Tuesday, November 6, 2007

SayreSmiles: A Tale of Two Titties

Once upon a time I had two friends, both of whom were diagnosed with breast cancer.

One of my friends had emergency surgery, radiotherapy & chemotherapy.Despite all the odds has been in remission & married her childhood sweetheart a couple of weeks back. Congratulations!!! The bad news is that unfortunately she is now awaiting a second mastectomy & reconstructive surgery; following the appearance of a new primary growth.

My other friend, the extravert who thought so little of flashing her titties from the back bedroom window at the Halloween Party all those years ago is dead. She was too embarassed to flash at her GP; it killed her.

Both women were 32 years old when they were diagnosed. Their tale has affected me far more than I can begin to say. My own health has suffered over the past few years; not with anything nasty, thank God, and these two ladies have unbeknown to themselves helped me get my life into perspective.

If I am not well; I shouldn't be pushing myself to work, while pushing my life and my loved ones away. Life is too short for that & it has taken something pretty drastic to make me see that there is more to life than a career.

Thank you to SayreSmiles for putting me back in touch with my two friends and thank you for a wonderful, thought provoking blog; see the link below:

And yes, this post is little more than an elaboration of a comment I posted on the original page. By Golly, doesn't it make you think though?
Thoughtfully yours;
Polly Px

No comments: