Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Polly Gets Serious

Just in case anyone looking in this direction has noticed my recent absence I should excuse myself and explain that I have had a bad case of bloggers block. I've written loads on the lap-top computer which came from E-bay at a fraction of its original cost, but none of it has been anywhere near to posting standard.

Just as I was beginning to despair of ever putting finger to key again, and in between frenetic buzzing around the place I discovered an e-mail sitting in my yahoo account box. I was a little surprised as I had already e-mailed the friends who entertained us so well at the weekend; so I opened it with just a little trepidation; wary of what might lie inside! Do bear in mind that Polly's Peri-wrinkle's has dealt with its fair shair of complaints recently...

As this issue is so important; I think it is best to simply invite you to visit Vinca's A Tinka! for the full brief and let the words speak for themselves. For those of you in a hurry, I would suggest that you maybe come back another day and enjoy a lighter post.

The issue concerned is the treatment of the Roma gypsies by the Italian people and the apparent issue of the media being quashed by the newly elected Prime Minister, Berlusconni. It is an issue which has been taken up by Amnesty International; why not find out about this and sign a petition to register your protest against the infringement of these peoples basic human rights.

On a lighter note, I have to dash now as it's time to collect LB from school. I have no idea what I'm going to make for dinner this evening, so keep your finger's crossed and wish me luck!

Polly Peirce

No comments: